Nicole's Revenge

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. ~T. S. Eliot

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday

Yesterday I turned 24. I am now an old maid!!! Thats right, I have no hopes of matrimonial bliss so I am resolved to spend the rest of my days as the Aunt who spoiles her nieces and nephews and thanks the Lord that she can send them home after a couple days when they are tired and cranky and full pf sugar!!
Well I had a nice birthday. I had cake and ice cream at work then Mark and Tracy and I went to get Ice cream and walk across the old train bridge. It was lovely, but I would have liked to walk a little slower.... Mark was afraid of the spiders......no comment......(If you could see me now my eyes would be rolling hehee..). I wont complain though. At least they akcnowledged my birthday....... I can never remeber anyones birthday... Shannon and I have been friends for 14 years and I still dont know the acual date of her birthday... Its in december......
Well I am on my break at work... a crazy tree hugger tv show is on.... I think I will change the channel.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Pineapple Queen said...

The Old Maid in the Garrett

I was told by my Aunt
I was told by my mother
That going to a wedding
Is the makings of another
Well if this be so
Then I'll go without a bidding
O kind Providence
Won't you send me to a wedding

Chorus:

And it's Oh dear me
How will it be,
If I die an old maid
in a garret

Now there's my sister Jean
She's not handsome or good looking
Scarcely sixteen
and a fella she was courting
Now she's twenty-four
She's a son and a daughter
Here am I, forty-four
and I've never had an offer

Chorus

I can cook and I can sew
I can keep a house right tidy
Rise up in the morning
And get the breakfast ready
There's nothing in this wide world
That makes my heart so cheery
As a wee fat man
to call me his own deary

Chorus

So come landsman or come townsman
Come tinker or come tailor
Come fiddler, come dancer
Come ploughman or come sailor
Come rich man, come poor man,
Come fool or come witty
Come any man at all
Won't you marry out of pity?

Chorus

They say that the women are
worse than the men
They go down to Hell
and they're thrown out again.


THAT is not you :D You are definitely NOT an old maid. You are but a spring chicken. No fears dear sister :D

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad those crazy tree-huggers didn't ruin your birthday. This is what my brain cycle was like leading up to Saturday. Monday-Friday "It's Nicky's birthday on Saturday, I don't know her address but I can at least send her an e-card" Saturday "Ugh, my nose is running and I don't want to work". Yep, I always remember birthday's before the day, but never the day. But, happy Birthay anyway!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

thank you Kimmy!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Pineapple Queen said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog pour les details!

http://bettyinc.blogspot.com/2006/06/tag-your-it.html
hehe

7:58 PM  
Blogger Pineapple Queen said...

I tried to get you the free Lysol toilet bowl cleaner but they were all out :P It was only while supplies lasted. Better luck next time :P I'll keep an eye out for more free stuff :D

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home